- Worked continuously to get Naas Community College into construction
- New Boys school now urgent for Clane
- New school building for St. Joseph’s, Kilcock
- Additional accommodation for Scoil Dara, Kilcock
- New building for Prosperous Secondary, St Farnans
- New schools priority for Maynooth, with traffic plans
- School bus system needs complete overhaul
- School Places must come with housing
I have increased pressure on the new Minister for Education to ensure the tendering process is progressed quickly for the new school build in Millennium Park, Naas. I have asked the Minister to detail the construction timeline for Naas Community College. You can read his reponse here.
It was important to put the new Minister for Education on notice. This is a vital piece of infrastructure for Naas and the wider area. Anymore delays are completely unacceptable. I asked the Minister to detail a timeline for the build.
We need to move to find a tender so construction can be built. This is the next step. I will continue to work with the school, parents, and lobby the Minister and his Department to ensure the project moves to the next stage without delay.
I joined Laura in KFM this morning to discuss recent developments at Naas Community College and called on the Minister for Education to ensure once the tender comes back to his Department that the new building progresses swiftly. You can listen to the interview below.
A number of weeks ago I had pleasure of visiting Newtown National School with local Cllr. Paul Ward.
Meeting with teaching staff it was very clear that the school had reached full capacity and urgently required additional classrooms. Having raised this with the Minister for Education in the Dáil I am delighted to confirm that four new classrooms will be provided for the school.
I look forward to continuing to work with the school to aide their development and advocate for the teachers and students in Newtown.